Monday, January 4, 2010

Only the bathroom remains

After a short shift on the afternoon of New Year's Eve, and a longer Saturday stint the day after New Year's Day (-27 below outside when I arrived), I have the interior disassembly on May down to just the bathroom and water heater. Since I am not tackling the floor replacement this winter, I am not removing all the interior panels just yet. As for the bathroom, in a '64 it is one multi piece fiberglass unit. This unit is riveted to the interior back side of the Airstream, and riveted to a kick plate at the bottom where it attaches to a floor bracket. I think I see how to remove the sink as the first step of taking apart basically two parts. Then I can remove the tub which includes the marine toilet surround. Once the bathroom is removed, I will increasingly be in repair mode on May. I am looking forward to removing an interior panel or two, and to start rebuilding the back window and then front window. I am also positive I will find leaks from all the extra holes of added drip caps and additional who knows why holes. More on this subject in a future post. Suffice to say that along with my window repair parts order this week, I also have a few tubes of Vulkem coming for caulking purposes. By the way, sorry no pictures this post; the wifey has the camera in Chicago with her. Until next time.....

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a good time Tim, Are you going to have her back on the road by spring? At the rate you are going you just might.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim I see that I am in you follower section twice, not sure how to fix that and not sure how to get my picture in there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tinman:

    She will be road ready by spring, just not camping ready. I will fix what I can in advance of the floor off restore. Plan this summer is to finish the exterior including polish. Then next fall and winter I attack the floor.

    Cheers!
    -Tim

    ReplyDelete