Sunday, November 29, 2009

May is on the move!


Picked up May at Hart RV yesterday. It was a beautiful day for the 240 mile road trip. Stopped on the way up at the Airstream Park to make sure all was well, and to pick up my set of four large wheel chocks. The Park was devoid of people and trailers, but on such a nice warm (45 degree) sunny fall day, it seemed like it should be open and in full swing.


May will need a new shorter drop hitch, as the new axle has raised the trailer by at least 2 inches. You can see in the picture that she is not sitting horizontally even. Today she will go in her new winter indoor home, and the work can begin again. I think today I will be spending time measuring and taking pictures, and get well prepared for the work to begin next weekend. Until then!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good, even at a slightly jaunty angle.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Tim, nice to have her rolling down the road. What did it cost you for the axle and tires, I have been pricing things out?
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris!

    Doug: Send me a PM through Airforums and I will give you all the info.

    Cheers!
    -Tim

    ReplyDelete