Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Can't you work on Airstream's in winter?




My good buddy Dave always likes to say "Get to work!" How I wish I could! We bought our Safari very late in the season (late October). It is currently stored (in a secret location) with several other Airstream's (OK, not that secret) near the Minnesota Airstream Park. You cannot easily access the location in winter, and it is 65 miles one way from my house. We will need to get the running lights working (or temporary lights to start), and the plan is to take it up to Hart's RV for a new axle, wheels, brakes, tires this spring. Hart's used to be an Airstream dealer, and they do great work, so check them out if you are in Minnesota (Long Prairie, MN). Once I can safely tow the Safari, then I have the option to bring it home, and begin the Full Monty! By the way, this picture does not include our Safari. It was taken last year at the same winter storage location, and our '90 Excella is the first 'Stream on the right. If we would have bought our Safari just a little sooner before winter, it would be in my driveway now. How I wish I could "get to work!"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim, I know what you mean, it has been hard to see the cruiser covered in snow and ice but I'm ready now to start ordering some parts and getting her back together.I have spent the last 6 wks.putting a wood stove in the house and designing the new barn/workshop.No more cold winters outside for the cruiser.I hope you have a good time with your safari"MAY", some of my friends that have looked at my pictures just shake there heads at the 54year old dirt.To me it has been nothing but fun.So get to work,"Its not worth doing if you are not having fun"
    Talk to you soon Tinman

    ReplyDelete